2010-02-03

So, I changed my blog from livejournal to Google's blogger. Honestly, reachablity as measured by searching for it was poor, anyway.

So, let's see if that changes.

The other reason for starting afresh was that I became engaged with The Effort Against Tuberculosis[tm] (but it's IMHO not really only M. tuberculosis that is a nuisance but M. bovis, M. paratuberculosis, M. ulcerans, and M. leprae and maybe others as well) in that I joined the OSDD (Open Source Drug Development) collaboration in december.

The OSDD, as my feeble understanding is, is supported by Indian institutions which makes sense as they have a lot of TB cases and no inexpensive treatment either. I wouldn't want to go through the (western) gold standard treatment, either, as it involves three heavy medications and half a year of side effects. So, a better drug would be quite a progress to us westerners, too. No need to go into why companies haven't picked that up, they sell their stuff fine, so why should they? This all means, some effort is necessary NOW.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen